[XeTeX] kpathsea problem??

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Feb 13 20:11:35 CET 2008

Le 13 févr. 08 à 18:06, Mike Maxwell a écrit :

> The other installation is in /usr/bin and I don't
> know where else; I plan to leave that installation intact.

I think that's paving the way for future problems to arise. You would
be better off erasing TeX completely from your system, before
reinstalling it cleanly.

> I'll also wipe my ~/.texlive2007 dir.  I don't see any other dir
> texlive2007 would have installed.
>
> Are there other places I should look?

You can try

	kpsewhich --show-path=tex

to find out where the dominant TeX setup on your system looks for .tex
files. Or even better, if your system includes "tr", you can try

	kpsewhich --show-path=tex | tr : '\n'

Bruno Voisin