[XeTeX] Superscript in Linux Libertine

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 11:08:43 CET 2008

On 11/02/2008, at 7:22 PM, Till Rettig wrote:

> This shows it really clearly and what I was suspecting already: old
> style numbers are not mapped to normal superscript numbers. I will
> report it. But about the xetex side: Is there an easy way to have an
> override directly in the code or is it more complicated to implement
> this? I mean exactly what you mention that overrides the font
> settings so that direction rules over variant forms.

For a quick fix, you search through the code in xltxtra you'll find
the chunk of code

     \ifzf at icu
       \zf at check@ot at feat{+sups}%
       \if at tempswa
         {\addfontfeature{VerticalPosition=Superior}#1}%
       \else
         \fakesuperscript{#1}%
       \fi
     \else
       \fakesuperscript{#1}%
     \fi

and change

    {\addfontfeature{VerticalPosition=Superior}#1}

    {\fontspec[VerticalPosition=Superior]{\csname zf at family@fontdef
\f at family\endcsname}#1}

(untested -- hopefully it works!)

Otherwise, until the Libertine fonts are fixed you could just load
xltxtra without the smart superscript facilities:

   \usepackage[no-sscript]{xltxtra}

Hope this helps,
Will