[XeTeX] Problem with Japanese font

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 9 23:34:26 CET 2008

Hi Gerrit,

If you use fontspec, you need to specify the
PostScript name of the font in the \fontspec command.

Have you installed the font in a system-recognized
directory for fonts? If not, see the fontspec manual
to instruct to look for other locations.

On linux, you have to run 'fc-cache -fv ' to update
the font cache after installing the font.

On linux, you can use 'fc-list' to see which fonts are
available. It will give you also the PS-name. Example:

rooijen at love206a-rooijen ~ $ fc-list | grep Koz
Kozuka Mincho Pro\-VI,小塚明朝 Pro\-VI,Kozuka
Mincho Pro\-VI R,小塚明朝 Pro\-VI
R:style=R,Regular
Kozuka Gothic Pro,小塚ゴシック Pro,Kozuka Gothic
Pro M,小塚ゴシック Pro M:style=M,Regular

So I would use \fontspec{Kozuka Mincho Pro} to use the
first font.

Regards,
Wilfred

(http://www.i-love-epson.co.jp/download2/printer/driver/win/page/ttf30.htm)