[XeTeX] includegraphics and filenames with spaces

Andreas Matthias amat at kabsi.at
Fri Feb 8 15:00:38 CET 2008

Álex Bueno wrote:

Please, do not top post:
<http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting.html>

> I changed \IfFileExists{\filename at area\filename at base#1}% in
> graphics.sty to \IfFileExists{"\filename at area\filename at base#1"}%

No, I was talking about the /definition/ of \IfFileExists in
latex.ltx. There the filename needs to be quoted:

\makeatletter
\long\def\IfFileExists#1#2#3{%
  \openin\@inputcheck="#1" %
  \ifeof\@inputcheck
    \ifx\input at path\@undefined
      \def\reserved at a{#3}%
    \else
      \def\reserved at a{\@iffileonpath{#1}{#2}{#3}}%
    \fi
  \else
    \closein\@inputcheck
    \edef\@filef at und{#1 }%
    \def\reserved at a{#2}%
  \fi
  \reserved at a}
\makeatother

Copy these lines into your preamble or your own style file and
give it a try. But keep in mind that it might break other things.
I haven't checked.

Please, never ever modify graphics.sty, latex.ltx or other LaTeX
files of your TeX distribution. Always copy the relevant lines
into your own file and modify them there.

Ciao
Andreas