[XeTeX] some xelatex problems...

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 01:21:34 CET 2008

Hi Thierry,

You must be using a Mac :)
fontspec, by default, switches the default fonts to the Latin Modern
OpenType family, but this is only supported by the xdvipdfmx driver.
You're using the last version of XeTeX that *won't* use this driver as
default on Mac OS X (it's the only driver for Windows and Linux).

If you're using TeXShop, you want to use the XeTeX-xdvipdfmx driver.
If you don't have it, go to
   ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/
and duplicate the "XeLaTeX.engine" file, then open it up and replace
the insides with

#!/bin/sh
/usr/texbin/xelatex -output-driver="xdvipdfmx -q -E" -shell-escape  "$1"

That should be all you need...
Hope this helps,
Will