[XeTeX] XeTeXinterchartokenstate

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 7 10:38:34 CET 2008

Hello

I wanted to try out the interchartoken feature but I'm getting 'unknown control sequence' messages with the following simple experiment (designed to bring a Greek asper closer to a capital A):

\XeTeXinterchartokenstate = 1
\XeTeXcharclass `\῾ 11
\XeTeXcharclass `\A 13
\XeTeXinterchartoks 11 13 = {\kern -0.05em}

All three of these control sequences are unrecognized.

My installation is from the TeXLive2007 disk so is presumably out of date, though I tremble at the thought of reinstalling the SVN version from scratch.  Is there some specific file that I can/should alter or replace?

Thanks

John