[XeTeX] Hyphenation in Swedish

Jonathan Johnsson jonathanjohnsson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 11:57:11 CET 2008

Hi all! I have a problem with hyphenation in Swedish. I get the
following messages when compiling using xelatex (running latest
updated miktex 2.7):

Babel <v3.8h> and hyphenation patterns for english, dumylang, nohyphenation, ge
rman, ngerman, french, loaded.

Package babel Warning: No hyphenation patterns were loaded for
(babel)                the language `Swedish'
(babel)                I will use the patterns loaded for \language=0 instead.

I can see that there is a file for hyphenation in C:\Program
Files\MiKTeX 2.7\tex\generic\hyphen\svhyph.tex, but there is no file
in C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\tex\generic\xu-hyphen. My guess is that
the latter contains xetex-adapted hyphenation files, but my googling
skills has not brought much clarity into this matter.

I wonder how I should go about to make the Swedish hyphenation work
using xetex, and if there are instructions somewhere how to create a
xetex-friendly hyphenation file from the existing file, if that is
necessary.

Best regards, Jonathan Johnsson