[XeTeX] XeLaTeX & french babel

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 01:04:56 CET 2008

On 04/02/2008, at 7:55 AM, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:

>> No, latex explicitly looks for the file hyphen.cfg when its format is
>> built. See line 7814 of latex.ltx.
>
>  Oh, right ... (and right above it it hardcodes the position of œ in
> OT1 ...).  I wonder if it wouldn't make sense to discuss possible
> alternatives with the LaTeX team like looking for hyphen-<engine>.cfg
> first, but obviously that decision belongs to you and Jonathan (and
> that's probably not the first thing one would like to adapt in
> latex.ltx).

Without putting words into their mouth, that's the sort of change they
might be willing to make since it shouldn't break backwards
compatibility if done right.

Does Morten Høgholm still read this list? Perhaps he might have
something to say :)

Thanks for the quick responses,
(And sorry for my hasty first post!)

Will