[XeTeX] Installing xetex in Linux

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Dec 11 20:23:57 CET 2008

Am 11.12.2008 um 20:02 schrieb maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu:

> As a linguist, I find nothing _wrong_ with the term "soft link";
> it's just
> an alternative name to "symbolic link", as is "symlink."

There is a similiar problem in the German language: words were
written in a way that they just produced a familiar sound. In the
faulty writing words did not show that they had a past, a root, they
belonged to certain ideas or circumstances. And this is also true for
hard and symbolic links. If I can't rely on the truth and meaning in
words or writings, why should I start to use them? I could take
others, too. Softlinks are rubbish. No past, no meaning, no idea, but
a great bright future.

--
Greetings

   Pete

The future will be much better tomorrow.
				– George W. Bush