[XeTeX] choosing semibold?

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Fri Dec 5 16:47:59 CET 2008

Poile, Christopher wrote:
> And then figure out how to redefine the section and subsection heading
> so that it doesn’t add a small amount of vertical space afterwards.
>  (I’m able to adjust the section heading’s font style using the
> sectsty package, but I can’t seem to adjust the vertical space after
> the heading.)

Hi Christopher:

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with sectsty --- and it doesn't seem to
want to work with the memoir class (which I use).  In memoir, however,
the vertical space after the section heading can be adjusted by making
changes to the (memoir class) command:
\setaftersecskip{}

where the argument is (usually) a stretchable space, like the default
for sections: -3.5ex plus -1ex minus -.2ex
but you /could/ have a fixed amount like 1ex. But that might start to
uglify things, depending on your font size for the document is, etc.

See pages 88-89 of memman.pdf.

Maybe someone else can help you with secsty or the deep mysteries of
LaTeX internals governing sectional headings.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma

Most Holy Trinity Monastery