[XeTeX] Could not load both Bold and BoldItalic.

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Dec 3 16:57:43 CET 2008

Am 03.12.2008 um 16:07 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:

> My (current) XeTeX/xdvidpfmx handles Type1 font fine.

OK. Then its "the system" that provides the fonts in a form that they
can be used! XeTeX needs information about the glyphs it will use,
xdvipdfmx needs to know the encoding (CMAP file) and the font's file
on disk to be able to embed a subset in the PDF output.

So, Andrea, you should try to restrict the area of failure. This can
be done by invoking xelatex on the command line or such with the
option -no-pdf. This way it will output a .xdv file. Xelatex will not
tell much (yet), but xdvipdfmx can be turned into verbose modes:

	xdvipdfmx -vv <file>

You'll find some cryptic hints ... It could become less cryptic when
you could restrict yourself (or your XeTeX file) to use just one
failing font.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
				- Jeremy S. Anderson