[XeTeX] How to generate Greek polytonic text using WinEdt on XP?

David Purton dcpurton at marshwiggle.net
Sun Aug 31 11:41:00 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 12:14:19PM +0300, Avi Wollman wrote:
> use notepad and save ans unicode.

I *really* hope that was a joke :)

Anyway if we're having an editor war, you really can't go past Vim. It
can be made to work very well under Windows if you spend time tweaking
your .vimrc to your liking. It has (at least under Linux) a method to
enter different languages including polytonic Greek independently of
your system keymap. See Edit->Keymaps. I use an X11 keyboard map, but
see no reason why Vim's method shouldn't work equally as well. It uses
combining deadkeys for the breathings and accents.

Plus you get to use Vim - the world's best editor!

Presumably it should also work using a Windows Greek keyboard map as
well.

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton at marshwiggle.net

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a