[XeTeX] xelatex and DejaVu Sans

M. Niedermair m_g_n at gmx.de
Fri Aug 22 11:29:40 CEST 2008

Hi Will,

> I'd like in the future to auto-parse when an external font is specified,
> allowing all three of the following:
>   \newfontfamily\lso[ExternalLocation]{DroidSerif-Regular}% detect the
> extension automatically?

is it possible to declare a rule, which extension is tried first?
\DeclareFontLoadingRule{otf,ttf,...}

>   \newfontfamily\lso{DroidSerif-Regular.ttf}% can parse the extension so
> we know it's "external"

If i load a font with the operating system, i can use all font shapes
automatically.
It is meaningful, to set the shapes by a external font, so that i can
use textbf, textit, ...?
e.g.
\newfontfamily\dejavu{%
	[Regular]{DejaVuSans.ttf}
	[Bold]{DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf}
	[Italic]{DejaVuSans-Italic.ttf}
	[BoldItalic]{DejaVu-xyz.ttf}
}

\dejavu Text Text \textbf{Text} \textit{Text}

> Cheers,
> Will

By
Michael