[XeTeX] Problem building XeTeX on Ubuntu 8.04

VAFA KHALIGHI vafa.khalighi at students.mq.edu.au
Tue Aug 19 02:04:51 CEST 2008

I have Ubuntu 8.04 as my only standalone uperating system. At beginning I
also had this problem but when I installed all the required softwares, I
could build XeTeX quite easilly.

I assume you have installed subversion but if it is not installed open the
terminal and write

sudo apt-get install subversion

then open the synaptic package manager and install these softwares (just
search their name and then install them)

g++, flex, bison, libfontconfig1-dev, gcc

gcc should be installed by default.

Then do open a terminal and write:

svn co http://scripts.sil.org/svn-public/xetex/TRUNK

then write

cd TRUNK

then write

sh build-xetex

then write

sudo sh install-xetex

and then give your password and after a few seconds you are done.

--
"I hope to die                                      ___       _____
before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.",           0--,|    /OOOOOOO\