[XeTeX] Problem with Tamil font (InaiMathi) on OS X 10.5

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 07:14:16 CEST 2008

On 11/03/2008, at 9:29 AM, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 08/03/2008, at 6:54 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> What's surprising is the warning related to unavailability of slanted
>> shape for Hoefler [...] That's a bit odd
>
> Thanks for pointing that out -- I'd completely missed it.

Actually, now that I get around to looking at this, I realise that
this warning existed *by design* in fontspec. It was supposed to alert
people when they were using slshape -- but since it's triggered by the
book class I've decided now that's not such a good idea:

\documentclass{book}
\usepackage[no-math]{fontspec}
\setmainfont{Hoefler Text}
\begin{document}
test
\end{document}

In the next version of fontspec, automatic substitutions from slanted
to italic will be done silently (i.e., it's changed from a <->sub* to
a <->ssub* for those who have read fntguide.pdf).

Cheers,
Will