[XeTeX] Xetex sample guide for farsi

john brown pajoohesh at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 19:12:57 CEST 2008

Dear Everyone

thanks for your help. your code does not run successfully and gives me these
messages. would you please tell me what is the problem.

LOG FILE :

This is XeTeX, Version 3.141592-2.2-0.997 (MiKTeX 2.7) (preloaded
format=xelatex 2008.4.26) 27 APR 2008 21:39

entering extended mode

**first.tex

(first.tex

LaTeX2e <2005/12/01>

Babel <v3.8h> and hyphenation patterns for english, dumylang, nohyphenation,
ge

rman, ngerman, french, loaded.

! LaTeX Error: \thepage undefined.

Type H <return> for immediate help.

l.3 \renewcommand{\thepage}

{\textfarsi{\the\c at page}}

Try typing <return> to proceed.

If that doesn't work, type X <return> to quit.

! LaTeX Error: \thesection undefined.

Type H <return> for immediate help.

l.4 \renewcommand{\thesection}

{\textfarsi{\the\c at section}}

Try typing <return> to proceed.

If that doesn't work, type X <return> to quit.

! LaTeX Error: \thesubsection undefined.

Type H <return> for immediate help.

l.5 \renewcommand{\thesubsection}

{\textfarsi{\the\c at section\textroman{-}\the...

Try typing <return> to proceed.

If that doesn't work, type X <return> to quit.

! LaTeX Error: \thepart undefined.

Type H <return> for immediate help.

l.6 \renewcommand{\thepart}

{\textfarsi{\the\c at part}}

Try typing <return> to proceed.

If that doesn't work, type X <return> to quit.

! LaTeX Error: \thefigure undefined.

Type H <return> for immediate help.

l.9 \renewcommand{\thefigure}

{\textfarsi{\arabic{figure}}}

Try typing <return> to proceed.

If that doesn't work, type X <return> to quit.

! LaTeX Error: \thetable undefined.

Type H <return> for immediate help.

l.10 \renewcommand{\thetable}

{\textfarsi{\arabic{table}}}

Try typing <return> to proceed.

If that doesn't work, type X <return> to quit.

! LaTeX Error: \figurename undefined.

Type H <return> for immediate help.

l.13 \renewcommand{\figurename}

{\textfarsi{Ø´Ú(c)Ù„}}

Try typing <return> to proceed.

If that doesn't work, type X <return> to quit.

! LaTeX Error: \tablename undefined.

Type H <return> for immediate help.

l.14 \renewcommand{\tablename}

{\textfarsi{جدول}}

Try typing <return> to proceed.

If that doesn't work, type X <return> to quit.

! LaTeX Error: \contentsname undefined.

Type H <return> for immediate help.

l.15 \renewcommand{\contentsname}

{\textfarsi{فهرست مطالب}}%

Try typing <return> to proceed.

If that doesn't work, type X <return> to quit.

! LaTeX Error: \listfigurename undefined.

Type H <return> for immediate help.

l.16 \renewcommand{\listfigurename}

{\textfarsi{لیست تصاویر}}%

Try typing <return> to proceed.

If that doesn't work, type X <return> to quit.

! LaTeX Error: \listtablename undefined.

Type H <return> for immediate help.

l.17 \renewcommand{\listtablename}

{\textfarsi{لیست جداول}}%

Try typing <return> to proceed.

If that doesn't work, type X <return> to quit.

! LaTeX Error: \appendixname undefined.

Type H <return> for immediate help.

l.18 \renewcommand{\appendixname}

{\textfarsi{پیوست}}%

Try typing <return> to proceed.

If that doesn't work, type X <return> to quit.

! LaTeX Error: \indexname undefined.

Type H <return> for immediate help.

l.19 \renewcommand{\indexname}

{\textfarsi{نمایه}}%

Try typing <return> to proceed.

If that doesn't work, type X <return> to quit.

! Since I do not know what the Jalali calendar is

I can't typeset the Farsi date.

I stop here, while you get a suitable ftoday.sty file.

\reserved at a ...you get a suitable ftoday.sty file}

\@@end

l.43 }

I can't find the ftoday.sty file for the Jalali calendar

)

Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:

32 strings out of 30504

304 string characters out of 1191403

44876 words of memory out of 1500000

3241 multiletter control sequences out of 110000

3640 words of font info for 14 fonts, out of 1200000 for 2000

14 hyphenation exceptions out of 8191

7i,0n,5p,113b,14s stack positions out of 5000i,500n,10000p,200000b,5000s

No pages of output.

Thanks,

2008/4/24 VAFA KHALIGHI <vafa.khalighi at students.mq.edu.au>:

> [...]
>
> \advance \FT at y by -621\relax
>
> \fi
>
> \advance\FT at sn by -\csname FT at farsi\romannumeral\the\FT at i%
>
> \endcsname
>
> \ifnum\FT at i = 1
>
> \FT at d = \FT at dn \advance \FT at d by 30 \advance\FT at d by -\FT at farsii
>
> \else
>
> \FT at d = \FT at dn \advance \FT at d by -\FT at sn
>
> \fi
>
> \beginL\number\FT at d\endL\space%
>
> %Changedc from here YJ
>
> \farsimonth{\FT at m}\space\beginL\number\FT at y\endL%
>
> }
>
> % added \farsimonth YJ
>
> \def\farsimonth#1{\ifcase#1\or فروردین\or
>
> اردیبهشت\or
>
> خرداد\or تیر\or
>
> مرداد\or
>
> شهریور\or مهر\or
>
> آبان\or آذر\or
>
> دی\or بهمن\or
>
> اسفند\fi}
>
> \endinput
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> and save it as ftoday.sty
>
> then open another window in TeXmaker and copy these commands
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%
>
> \documentclass{article}
>
> \usepackage{fontspec}\usepackage{xunicode}
>
> \usepackage{arabxetex}
>
> \usepackage{setspace}
>
> \usepackage{makeidx}
>
> \makeindex
>
> \usepackage{fancyhdr}
>
> \pagestyle{fancy}
>
> \fancyhead{}
>
> \fancyfoot[RE,LO]{\small\farsifont\beginR صفحهٔ \thepage\endR}
>
> \fancyfoot[LE,RO]{\small\farsifont\beginR آهنگ عشق ۱۶۴ بدیع\endR}
>
> \fancyfoot[C]{\small\farsifont\beginR شمارهٔ ۱۶۱\endR}
>
> \renewcommand\headrulewidth{0pt}
>
> \renewcommand\footrulewidth{0.4pt}
>
> \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Times New Roman}
>
> \newfontinstance\farsifont[Script=Arabic,Scale=1.2,WordSpace=1]{Roya}
>
> \newfontinstance\arabicfont[Script=Arabic,Scale=1.2,WordSpace=1]{Roya}
>
> \input{farsixetex.tex}
>
>  \def\theenumii{\abjad{\arabic{enumii}}}
>
> %comment the following line at the end
>
> %this is to be used only for the index to work correctly
>
> %\makeatletter\renewcommand{\thepage}{\the\c at page}\makeatother
>
> \onehalfspacing
> \begin{document}
>
> \mathfnumber
>
> \begin{farsi}
>
> %your Farsi inputs
>
> \end{farsi}
>
> \end{document}
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> ok whatever you want to write in Farsi should be between \begin{farsi} and
> \end{farsi}, if you want to write a an english word inside that environment
> use \textroman{word} and for arabic use \textarab{العربی} and you also can
> have \begin{arab} and \end{arab}. for making a section you gotta use
> something like
>
> \section{\farsifont این یک قسمت است} inside The Farsi environment.
>

> Before doing anything you also should install farsiweb projects, they come

Amir Jahanshahi
Research Assistant
Thin Film, and nanoelectronics lab
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering, University of Tehran,
North-Kargar Ave., Tehran, Iran.
Tel: 98(21) 61114345
Email: A.Jahanshahi at ece.ut.ac.ir
Homepage: http://khorshid.ut.ac.ir/~A.Jahanshahi