[XeTeX] XeTeX and Vista

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Sun Apr 27 15:41:17 CEST 2008

Hi

I have problems with font calls on Windows XP, which I think are mainly due
to a lot of conflicting or near-conflicting font names on the system.  I
ought to do a complete reinstall of Windows to see if that helps (and
confine the installation of fonts to those I really need), but in the
meantime I find that fonts are accessible if you go directly to the font
file (where you need square brackets round the font call):

\font\myfont = [d:/texfiles/outlfont/DS-Garamont] at 14pt

(of course substitute whatever directory you keep your fonts in).

Does that get you anywhere?

John