[XeTeX] XeTeX and Vista

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Sun Apr 27 14:11:12 CEST 2008

Hi,

I’m new to XeTeX and was very happy with it on linux. But now I am
doomed to work with Windows Vista – and, as expected, it doesn‘t act as
it should. XeTeX works fine with an simple example as

--
test

\bye
--

I get the pdf-output and everything is fine. But trying to use a font like

--
\font\myfont="DS-Garamont" at 14pt

test
\bye
--

causes XeTeX to stop (not any output) and holding nearly 50% of CPU.
I have MikTeX 2.7, Windows Vista.

Thanks,
Arno