[XeTeX] Kerning support

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 02:39:49 CEST 2008

On 17/04/2008, at 6:43 PM, John Was wrote:
> I think intercharacter tokens could be problematic

Yeah; as Jonathan pointed out to me when this feature was first
introduced, interchar tokens are inserted regardless of the font; it
would be possible to detect the font and conditionally insert the
kerning, but that would mess up other uses for the interchar feature
(namely, detecting when a certain script changes).

So while you could do it for an ad hoc purpose, it's really not the
way to go :)

Will