[XeTeX] Generating cropped PDF graphics file

R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar chandra at ee.uwa.edu.au
Wed Apr 16 10:16:15 CEST 2008

Will Robertson wrote:

>> \usepackage{geometry} to set the xelatex file to the correct size to
>> > begin with.
>
> Does the preview package work correctly XeTeX? That's perhaps the most
> user-friendly way to do these sorts of things.

Thanks for this suggestion. Unfortunately,

%
\usepackage[active,tightpage,xetex]{preview} % Does not work with xelatex?
\PreviewEnvironment{tabular} % material is within a tabular evironment
\setlength\PreviewBorder{0pt} % valid with tightpage option
%

and variations thereof in the preamble do not seem to produce a "bounding box"
type PDF. I will email comp.text.tex to enquire further.

Incidentally, I have used preview successfully with TikZ-PGF and pdflaTeX.

Chandra