[XeTeX] xltxtra.sty, footnotes, setmainfont and double footnote marks

David Rangel rangel at u.washington.edu
Mon Apr 14 20:12:04 CEST 2008

> On 12/04/2008, at 12:00 AM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>>
>> The bug is in the definition of \realsuperscript in xltxtra: it is
>> using
>> \csname zf at family@fontdef\f at family\endcsname but this is not defined
>> (and so equal to \relax) in the default setup of fontspec.
>
> Oh, for some reason I thought I'd fixed this problem already :( The
> change was only for a month ago, however, and I hadn't added it to the
> repository yet.
>
> This bug has now been fixed in the SVN sources...installing the pre-
> release version of XeTeX 0.997 will fix the problem automatically.
>
> Alternatively (and probably easier) you can get the updated version
> here:
>   <http://scripts.sil.org/svn-public/xetex/TRUNK/texmf/tex/xelatex/xltxtra.sty
>>

> Sorry for the inconvenience,
> Will

Hello,
I implemented the suggestion of using the new xltxtra.sty and I am
able to get my footnote
use back.  However, when I specify a main font for the document, then
the footnote marks
are doubled up (one with the main font and one with the default for
footnotes, I think). Here
is what I tried to get the doubling-up issue:
___________________
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\setmainfont{Times}
\begin{document}
a footnote\footnote{a test of footnote \XeTeX}
\end{document}
___________________
Commenting out the setmainfont command gets rid of the double footnote
problem, but then I
can't specify what I want for my main font if different from the
default.  Likewise, while using
KOMA-script, issuing either of the commands:
\setkomafont{footnote}{\fontspec{Times}}
\setkomafont{footnotelabel}{\fontspec{Times}}
produces the same doubling up of the footnote marks.  Is there a way
to modify the new xltxtra.sty
to have it not repeat the marks when changing the main font (or
komafonts)?

PS:
What I get as output is:
a footnote11