[XeTeX] Ligatures w/ Windows type1 fonts

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri Apr 11 18:13:11 CEST 2008

On Apr 11, 2008, at 11:52 AM, Kyungjun Lee wrote:

> ... and I've had no luck with ligatures with "Hoefler Txt", the
> Windows PostScript type1 version of the Hoefler Text typeface. I
> installed it by dragging it to the Windows font folder.
>
> Would it work better if I installed it to texmf-local? I'm using
> TeXLive2007 at the moment.

You'll need to purchase the expert font if you don't have it, and
install it the old-fashioned way, see Lehman's fontinstallationguide:

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/Type1fonts/fontinstallationguide/

Unfortunately, Hoefler Text isn't available in an OpenType version as-
of-yet (though the Titling is).

Might be easier to buy a Mac and use the AAT version.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer