[XeTeX] pointing angle brackets

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Apr 9 16:27:30 CEST 2008

Am 09.04.2008 um 15:11 schrieb Bruno Voisin:
> xunicode.sty includes provision for using these characters in text
> mode, but the corresponding lines are commented out owing apparently
> to the characters being absent from most fonts:
>
> %\DeclareUTFcharacter[\UTFencname]{x2329}{\textlangle}% few fonts
> %\DeclareUTFcharacter[\UTFencname]{x232A}{\textrangle}% few fonts

They are probably referencing entities from the TS1 encoding. Alas,
when the font used can't provide their glyphs it's useless to use
them by name. I could use them a few times in "normal" LaTeX
documents with the textcomp package.

--
Greetings

   Pete

The mathematician who pursues his studies without clear views of this
matter, must often have the uncomfortable feeling that his paper and
pencil surpass him in intelligence.
				– Ernst Mach