[XeTeX] Many warnings when compile beamer presentation using XeLaTex

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Mon Apr 7 18:42:58 CEST 2008

Am Tue, 8 Apr 2008 00:22:02 +0800 schrieb Steven Woody:

> It is really a nightmare, I went to translate those Chinese statements
> into English line by line to make it suitable to your compiling.  Did
> some translation, I did some compile to ensure the warnings are still
> there.  But when I completed 1/2 of the job, the warning go disapear.
> That is, if I present a total english file to you, that will be okay
> with no warning.  But if I put my Chinese back in, the warning will
> surely pop up.  Wired!  I almost give up and go to bed ...

Why? You are obviously getting nearer.

Chinese and english differ in many points: e.g. size, hyphenation and
the handling in pdfbookmarks.

Your warning says "Annotation out of page boundary." so look if in the
english version something appear that isn't there in the chinese
version.

Is the offending chinese in the text or in a \section-argument?
Does the warning disappear if you shorten the chinese?
What happens if you use \phantom{<chinese>}?

--
Ulrike Fischer