[XeTeX] Many warnings when compile beamer presentation using XeLaTex

Steven Woody narkewoody at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 11:21:55 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Ulrike Fischer <news2 at nililand.de> wrote:
> Am Mon, 7 Apr 2008 16:48:49 +0800 schrieb Steven Woody:
>

>  >>  This are warning about the page size. I don't get them but I have an
>  >>  adapted geometry.cfg for xelatex.
>  >>
>  >>  Add before \documentclass
>  >>
>  >>  \RequirePackage[%
>  >>   pdftex,
>  >>   papersize={12.80cm,9.60cm},
>  >>   hmargin=1cm,%
>  >>   vmargin=0cm,%
>  >>   head=0.5cm,% will be changed later
>  >>   headsep=0pt,%
>  >>   foot=0.5cm% will be changed later
>  >>   ]{geometry}
>  >>
>  >
>  > Are your sure add them before \documentclass? I did it but got error
>  > in compiling:
>
>  I should have tried ;-(. I had forgotten that you can't load geometry
>  before the class.
>
>  Try
>  \PassOptionsToPackage{pdftex}{geometry}

I tried to insert it both before and after the \documentclass
statement, but the warnings were still there.

>  > Anyway, if remove it and compile, I can find information about the
>  > geometry.sty as below:
>
>  I asked about geometry.cfg not .sty.

sorry,  the .cfg is
c:/TeXLive2007/texmf-dist/tex/xelatex/xetexconfig/geometry.cfg
according to the log file, and its contents are,

%% geometry.cfg for XeLaTeX - JK 2006-06-07
% Public domain

\@ifundefined{XeTeXversion}{}{
	%% Use the "pdftex" driver (i.e., \pdfpagewidth, \pdfpageheight) with XeTeX
	\Gm at setdriver{pdftex}

	%% don't check this AtBeginDocument, just believe me!
	\let\Gm at checkdrivers\relax
}

\endinput

%% End of file `geometry.cfg'.