[XeTeX] Many warnings when compile beamer presentation using XeLaTex

Steven Woody narkewoody at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 04:35:32 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 12:09 AM, Ulrike Fischer <news2 at nililand.de> wrote:
> Am Sun, 6 Apr 2008 22:43:00 +0800 schrieb Steven Woody:
>

>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > I am using XeLaTex to compile a beamer document.  The full document is
>  > listed in the last part of this message (sorry for I don't tranlate
>  > those chinese characters in the file because that is tedious ),
>
>  Yes, it is tedious to minimize a document. But one the whole I would
>  prefer if you do this work instead of hoping that the other do it for
>  you. Your problem can be reproduce with a more simpler document:

sorry, I will do it better next time. I just don't sure what can be
removed for I am afraid I may made wrong decision to remove important
information to you.

>  \documentclass[hyperref={bookmarksopen=false,pdfstartview=FitH}
>     ]{beamer}
>

> \hypersetup{
>     pdfcreator  = pdflatex,
>     pdfproducer = pdflatex,
>     pdfpagemode = FullScreen
>  }
>

>  \begin{document}
>
>  \begin{frame}
>  \end{frame}
>

>  \end{document}
>

>  >
>  > ** WARNING ** Unknown token "SDict"
>  >
>  > ** WARNING ** Interpreting PS code failed!!! Output might be broken!!!
>  >
>  > ** WARNING ** Interpreting special command ps: (ps:) failed.
>
>  You have some ps code there. So a package is loading a unsuitable
>  driver. A look in log-file shows that hyperref loads the driver dvips.
>  Add the option dvipdfm to the hyperref options.
>
>  \documentclass[hyperref={dvipdfm,bookmarksopen=false,pdfstartview=FitH}
>     ]{beamer}

I took your advise by adding the dvipdfm or xelatex option,  but the
warnings are still there.  In the log file, I found the hyperref is
using the correct drive hdvipdfm:

Hyperref stopped early
)
*hyperref using driver hdvipdfm*
(c:/TeXLive2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/hyperref/hdvipdfm.def
File: hdvipdfm.def 2007/02/07 v6.75r Hyperref driver for dvipdfm
\pdfm at box=\box39
\Fld at listcount=\count122
)

>  --
>  Ulrike Fischer

woody

then sun rose thinly from the sea and the old man could see the other
boats, low on the water and well in toward the shore, spread out
across the current.