[XeTeX] FontFolio 11 and XeTeX...

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at web.de
Sun Apr 6 00:26:11 CEST 2008

"Meho R." <meho_r at yahoo.com> writes:
[...]
> 3. How to use mathpazo font generaly (shiped with TeXLive 2007) and XeTeX
> features only in some part of doc (some Arabic text in particular)? If I use it
> the usual way (\usepackage[osf]{mathpazo}), it renders "bitmaped" font in .pdf
> output which doesn't look good.
[...]
> 3. You should be able to use the fontspec package to change fonts as needed.
> But in any case I don't think you should be getting bitmapped fonts; this
> suggests a configuration problem with the font map files.
[...]
> And for the third one -- still have no idea how to do it. Any suggestions?

It is diffucult to give any advise on this without some sort of
example showing how you mange to get bitmaped fonts. However, you
could use the OTF version of FPL Neu available at
<URL:http://www.alice-dsl.net/ralf.stubner/fplneu-otf.html> (I cannot
guarantee the long-time availablity of this URL).

cheerio
ralf