[XeTeX] unusual output

Barbara Shirtcliff bshirt2 at uic.edu
Tue Sep 18 22:52:44 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm trying this again.  my first mail to the list never showed up....

I'm using xelatex with natbib and bibtex, and, to my great joy, it
appears to be working (which means that I can now work with unicode
and still have my footnotes work out), but there is a strange message,
which is printed at the very top of the pdfs thus produced.  It says
"[zf]prepareseRendererATT,ICU"

I'm using the style file ChicagoNB.bst---the closest approximation
that I have found to Turabian style footnotes.  I'm not sure if that's
relevant, but there it is.

I'll try updating my XeTeX to the "bleeding edge," but, meanwhile, if
anyone has any idea why I'm getting this message on my documents, ....

Actually, I'd prefer not to mess with my xetex installation if I don't
have to.  I just have the MacPorts version, which has the virtue of
being easy to use.  I'm not a "wizard" with tex.  I just prefer not to
work in a processor.

Any advice will be very welcome.

Thanks,
Bar Shirtcliff