[XeTeX] Restoring text to the default English font in Latex/fontspec/Bidi

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:35:03 CEST 2007

On 18/09/2007, at 16:17 , François Charette wrote:

>> Thank you for your help. The Hebrew environment works well. Is
>> there a
>> way to define a \newfontfamily for the standard CMR fonts so that we
>> can always reset it that way?

> I am not sure I understand your question, but perhaps Will does!

There are a couple of ways to do it. But not through fontspec unless
you actually install the Latin Modern OpenType fonts.

Something like
   \newcommand\latinfont{\fontfamily{lmr}\selectfont}
will do the trick if you're using the xdvipdfmx driver.

Are the Hebrew fonts you're using particularly well matched to
Computer Modern? Coz otherwise I'd recommend a different font in the
first place...

Will