[XeTeX] ArabXeTeX and graphicx

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Tue Sep 18 00:03:18 CEST 2007

Anas Ghrab a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> There seems to be a problem when I use ArabXeTeX with \includegraphics
> using the package graphicx. The positionning is not correct and the
> text in the same page, after the included picture is left stragged. I
> do not have this problem without ArabXeTeX.

Just as I was about to send this, I notice that Tilman Hanneman has
already provided the same advice. I would add two more things: I achieve
correct positioning of the line numbers by deactivating them after
\end{arab} and reactivating them again just before \begin{arab}, as follows:

\begin{document}
\thispagestyle{empty}
\resetlinenumber\pagewiselinenumbers % << as Tilman wrote ...
\begin{arab}
\end{arab}
\nolinenumbers % << temporarily switch off line numbering

%\vskip 2cm  << no longer needed I think
\begin{center}
\includegraphics{thaqil_ramal.pdf}
\end{center}
%\vskip 0.5cm << same

\linenumbers % << reactivate lineno
\begin{arab}
\end{arab}
\end{document}

Also, I notice that your document is based on my ednotes example file,
in which \linenumberfont is redefined (see line 25 in your tex file):

\renewcommand{\linenumberfont}{\arabicfont\addfontfeature{Mapping=arabicdigits}\tiny}

But to judge from your pdf output, you don't seem to have the
arabicdigits mapping available, since your line numbers are in "Western"
digits. I include the map file for your convenience. You should compile
it with
    teckit_compile arabicdigits.map
and move the resulting .tec file to fonts/misc/xetex/fontmapping/ in
your local or home TEXMF directory.

Regards,
François