[XeTeX] little question

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Sep 17 09:46:10 CEST 2007

Le 17 sept. 07 à 04:39, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> Thanks to Peter and Will. I've now got local copies of the sources.
> Haven't tried to build yet but I'll start to take a look at things as
> time permits.

Just one thing: as Peter Dyballa mentioned, you'll need libkpathsea
to build xdvipdfmx. On the Mac it's not provided with MacTeX, you
need gwTeX instead.

And then you'll need the proper invocation of configure pointing out
to the locations of libkpathsea and libfreetype. I don't know whether
things have changed in this respect, but some time ago, when teTeX
was the standard, the invocation for Mac OS X was as mentioned at:

<http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2006-October/005269.html>

You'll need, of course, to update it to point to gwTeX instead.

That said, with all the changes reported on this list (patches for
xdvipdfmx, updated config files such as xdvipdfmx.cfg, updated
packages such as fontspec, etc.), changes which I've given up on
tracking, personally I won't try to update anything and stay content
with the latest XeTeX release (meaning, on the Mac, that included in
MacTeX), until a new release is provided including all those changes
in a fully consistent way.

FWIW,

Bruno Voisin