[XeTeX] little question

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 23:53:53 CEST 2007

On 14/09/2007, at 6:58 , jadolov k wrote:

> please, find attached to this message the source files I use (they
> are not copyrighted for now, and however they are in Italian).

The problem is probably my fontspec package. I haven't investigated
to see if it's doing things it shouldn't be, but you might find
things run more quickly if you define specific font faces for all of
the font switching you do.

That is, rather than

   \newcommand\rk{\fontspec{Myriad Pro}}

you can write

   \newfontfamily\rk{Myriad Pro}

Similarly with the \addfontfeatures command, it's having to process
which the current font is and apply features to it every single time.
While convenient syntax, it's unfortunately not very efficient.

Maybe I can think of a way to improve performance here (not soon,
though), but in the meantime it might be better to define fixed fonts
as above.

Hope this helps (and sorry for any trouble)

Will