[XeTeX] Using tipa.sty with XeLaTeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Sep 11 12:04:11 CEST 2007

Am 11.09.2007 um 01:58 schrieb Ross Moore:

> and there are some macros defined in  tipa.sty  where I just didn't
> know
> what was the correct letter;  e.g.
>      is  \textlhtlongi   U+0196  or  U+01AA  or something else ?

It's a variant of \textlhti or LATIN SMALL LETTER REVERSED R WITH
FISHHOOK, U+027F, rfishhookreversed according to Adobe Glyph Library.
Its stem continues below the baseline. It was (or still is?) used
with Chinese and other Sino-Tibetan languages, but since it is not
standardised in Unicode this glyph can simply be a relict.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Wasting time is an important part of living.