[XeTeX] Using tipa.sty with XeLaTeX

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Sep 11 00:46:04 CEST 2007

On 10 Sep 2007, at 11:25 pm, Ross Moore wrote:

> As a result of this thread I have prepared a small modification to
>   xunicode.sty (ver 0.9), but won't release it for a few days yet,
> in case there is more that should be done, resulting from expert
> advice.

While you're considering updates to xunicode.sty, have you reviewed
the discussion (somewhere back in the list archives) regarding the
Cyrillic characters? It would be nice to have those included for the
sake of the Babel packages that use LaTeX names to spell out Russian
captions, etc.

IIRC, there was an extensive list of names/Unicode assignments
proposed; there was considerable debate about categorization and
ordering, though, and maybe the least controversial approach would be
to simply list them in Unicode order.