[XeTeX] no pdf?

caapv 208 caapv208 at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Sep 7 16:12:53 CEST 2007

--- John Was <john.was at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> The irritation is
> that if I don't remember to note the page number of
> the PDF containing the
> glitch and then close the file, no new PDF is
> generated.

This has nothing to do with XeTeX, but with the PDF
viewer you are using.  For example, Adobe Reader on
Win/Mac platforms are well-known to open files in
read/write mode so that other processes cannot write to
the files unless they are once closed; While Adobe
Reader on other platforms open files in read only mode
so that other processes can modify the files, although
reloading the files is not automatic.

Other PDF viewers usually allow other processes to
write to the files they keep open.

> John

Regards,
SMiyata