[XeTeX] Re(3): no pdf?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Sep 7 15:56:53 CEST 2007

On 7 Sep 2007, at 1:38 pm, Willem wrote:

> Now with attachment.
>
> Thanks for your reply; the console is attached.

Sorry, I meant the "console" output that TeXShop displays when you
run the job; if it doesn't pop up automatically, use Preferences /
Typesetting / Show Console: Always to turn it on.

But in any case, your console.log shows that the output driver crashed:

> Sep  7 13:34:37 MacPro-2 crashdump[2310]: xdv2pdf crashed
>
> Sep  7 13:34:37 MacPro-2 crashdump[2310]: crash report written to: /
> Users/Willem/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/xdv2pdf.crash.log

So it might be useful to see the xdv2pdf.crash.log file that was
generated.

The TeXShop console output and/or the TeX
"transcript" (<inputfile>.log) would also be of interest, to see more
exactly what is being processed.

> I've actually never run xetex from the terminal window; what's the
> command? runexetex <filename>? is a filepath necessary?

For "plain" documents, use "cd <directory-path>" to get to the
directory where the input file lives, and just run "xetex
<inputfile>". If it's a LaTeX (XeLaTeX) document, then "xelatex
<inputfile>". (Without the wedges, of course; that's just to indicate
that you substitute your filename here!)