[XeTeX] XETEX \special commands changed for xdvipdfmx?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Sep 7 09:26:38 CEST 2007

On 7 Sep 2007, at 8:22 am, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> On 7 Sep 2007, at 8:13 am, Paul Howson wrote:
>
>> Question:
>> Have the \special commands documented in Jonathon Kew's original
>> "xetex notes" of August 2006 changed for the Linux version using
>> xdvipdfmx?
>
> xdvipdfmx supports lots more \special{}s (most of which are described
> in the dvipdfm(x) documentation, I guess), but it should also
> understand the basic xetex ones such as you're using.

BTW, I should add that if this is a LaTeX (xelatex) document, rather
than "raw" xetex, I'd recommend using the standard "color" package
instead of low-level \special commands; that helps to insulate you
from any changes in the underlying drivers, etc.

(But that doesn't account for the problem you're seeing, as far as I
can tell.)