[XeTeX] math

Michael Zedler michael.zedler at tum.de
Thu Sep 6 11:35:09 CEST 2007

Will Robertson schrieb:
> It is vaguely possible to load fourier, then replace the math alphabet
> symbols by the glyphs in Meta, but I don't have a solution cooked up for
> you yet :(

I installed the svn version of xetex together with Cambria and
unicode-math.sty on my Mac. Cambria is from the powerpoint-viewer
package distributed by MS.
Mac OS X 10.4.10 apparently doesn't like cambria.ttc, its font
validation routine finds 'severe errors'. Ignoring those,
xetex+unicode-math.sty run quite nicely except for everything that is to
be output in \mathrm, it is just omitted (not blank space is output but
nothing as if there were no \mathrm{whatever} command).

Funnily Cambria matches Meta not too badly, if now it were possible to
also substitute the latin and greek letters with those of Meta, that
would be splendid :-) Any idea how to achieve this?

Cheers,
Michael