[XeTeX] math

Michael Zedler michael.zedler at tum.de
Wed Sep 5 19:35:28 CEST 2007

Hello,

Has there recently been some progress on the math front, except for the
case of fonts with a MATH table?
I'd like to typeset quite a lot of math with MetaPro (this font has
latin+greek), so I thought if the fourier math setup were taken, and the
OML/FML encoding was substituted by a MetaPro based one leaving the
other symbols intact, then this might make a more or less decent math
setup. Sure, finetuning of superscript/subscripts as well as accent
positions wouldn't be possible that way...

Is something of this kind possible with xetex's special packages? Or
would I have to resort to a manual, vf-based solution similar to what
fouriernc does? Or is there some even better approach to typeset math
with Meta?

Best,
Michael