[XeTeX] Persian(Farsi) on Windows

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Oct 31 23:53:33 CET 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:48:25 -0700 (PDT)
 omid omid <omid_a1998 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I have installed Miktex 2.7 betta 4 and want to use xetex. when I xetex the following lines
>
> \TeXXeTstate=1
> \nopagenumbers \frenchspacing
> \input testfontavailability
> \FindAnInstalledFont{Titr:script=arab}{\titlefont}
>[...snip...]

> I got the following error
>
> This is XeTex, Version 3.141592-2.2-0.997 (MikTex 2.7 Beta 4)
> entering extended mode
> !I can't find file 'testfontavailability'.
> 1.10 \input testfontavailability

The file testfontavailability.tex was included with some archives of xetex sample files, but you don't need it here. Its purpose was to allow the document to give several font names, and choose whichever of them is actually available at runtime.

Just remove that line, then replace
  \FindAnInstalledFont{Titr:script=arab}{\titlefont}
with
  \def\titlefont{Titr:script=arab}
and similarly for any other font names that are defined in this way. (This assumes you have a font called "Titr" installed.)