[XeTeX] Using otf fonts in xelatex

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 22:28:27 CET 2007

Hi Axel,

A few problems here, your distribution must be a little old.

Firstly:

> LaTeX Warning: You have requested, on input line 55, version
>                `2005/05/07' of package xkeyval,
>                but only version
>                `2005/01/30 v2.0 package option processing (HA)'
>                is available.

This will probably cause problems, although I might be wrong.

> ! Font EU1/lmr/m/n/10=[lmroman10-regular] at 10.0pt not loadable:
> Metric (TFM)
> file or installed font not found.

You can get around this problem for now by not loading the LM
opentype fonts:
   \usepackage[cm-default]{fontspec}

> So far, I've put the otf files I had bought into one directory, and
> left them there -- because somewhere, it was promised that this would
> work straight away  -- but it didn't :(

If I were you I'd grab the latest version of TeXLive and replace your
distribution. You'll get the latest versions of all the packages as
well as all the fonts installed in the right places, and so on.

Hope this helps,
Will