[XeTeX] font not working with xelatex

Paul Tremblay phthenry at iglou.com
Tue Oct 30 06:53:11 CET 2007

I've made a font that represents the alternative quikscript alphabet:

Actually, I've made two fonts. One contains glyphs in the ASCII region.
The other contains glyphs in the private use in the Unicode range. When
I use the ascii font, Xelatex produces a PDF document as I would expect.
But when I use the unicode font, it doesn't work. It says that it is
removing the PDF document at the end of a run (xelatex
my_document.text), and then it says right after this that it is
outputting text to a PDF document. But no PDF document is created. When
I look at the log file, I see no errors.

When I use the Unicode font in Firefox web browser, it displays the text
fine.

Paul