[XeTeX] build from SVN sources

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Fri Oct 19 17:41:32 CEST 2007

After running the build-xetex script I get fontspec.sty inside the
build-directory/texmf/tex/xelatex/fontspec. But where would I find
the executable xelatex?

Second question: is it a viable solution to just replace the old bin
files with the newly build ones or is there a better way to install
them (just as you would not replace the old fontspec.sty but rather
place the new fontspec in a some texmf-place)

alex

(sorry if my question should show little understanding of what is
going on but I am doing my first steps in the world of svn checkout,
compiling from source, etc.)