[XeTeX] Specifying font directories in fonts.conf with XeTeXand MikTeX

Michel Goossens Michel.Goossens at cern.ch
Fri Oct 19 13:12:35 CEST 2007

> On 10/19/07, Michel Goossens <Michel.Goossens at cern.ch> wrote:
>>> On my computer this file is located under
>>> C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/
>>> MiKTeX/2.7/fontconfig/config
>> Thanks, on my system it is in
>> C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\fontconfig\config
>> There I find a file fonts.conf (as on Linux), with a line like
>> <include>@MIKTEX_CONFIG@/fontconfig/config/localfonts.conf</include>
>>
>> When I create a file localfonts.conf in the same directory (that
should
>> be included, see above),
> I cannot test right now (not working under windows), but I guess that
> @MIKTEX_CONFIG@ is set to
>    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MiKTeX\2.7
> or the current user equivalent rather than to
>    C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7
> What happens if you create a file in Documents and settings instead?
Mojca, hello,
You are right, there is a fonts.conf and localfonts.conf in the
directory
Which you specify and when I put the directory names in the the latter
File in that directory (c:\Document and Settings\...) in Windows
format, i.e.,

<dir>c:\TeXlive2007\texmf-dist\fonts\opentype</dir>
<dir>c:\TeXlive2007\texmf-update\fonts\opentype</dir>
<dir>c:\TeXlive2007\texmf-commercial\fonts\opentype</dir>

the font files are indeed found. Many thanks for your efficient help.

Michel Goossens