[XeTeX] where are the font dirs specified with MikTeX

Michel Goossens Michel.Goossens at cern.ch
Wed Oct 17 08:57:41 CEST 2007

MikTeX just included XeTeX 0.997 in its latest 2.7 beta 3 release.
As I have TL 2007 already installed on my Windows XP machine (and
Unix boxes) I would like to get the OT and TT fonts that are not
in the c:\WINNT\FONTS directory from my texmf trees of TL7. On Unix
this is easy since I can specify the directories to be searched by
fontconfig in the $HOME/.fonts.conf file. But what is the equivalent
on Windows (MikTeX)? I would prefer not to have to dump my several
hundreds of font files into the sole c:\WINNT\FONTS directory.

Thanks for your help.

Dr. Michel Goossens
Scientific Text Processing
IT Department, CERN    | michel.goossens at cern.ch
CH-1211 Geneva 23      | +41 (22) 767 9466 (tel)
Switzerland            | +41 (22) 766 9960 (fax)