[XeTeX] italics / SeriaPro

uclhwis at ucl.ac.uk uclhwis at ucl.ac.uk
Sat Oct 13 22:20:36 CEST 2007

Hi, I finally succeeded in getting the italics of SeriaPro (=OpenType) in
XeLaTeX's output. However, it only works with the (I thought obsolete)
command {\it italics}. It does not work with \textit{italics}. I do not
quite understand that. Is it possible that I am overlooking something?

Willem
____________
%&program=xelatex
%&encoding=UTF-8 Unicode
\documentclass[twoside,executivepaper,openright]{book}
\usepackage{array}
\usepackage{epsf}
\usepackage{float}
\usepackage{afterpage}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xunicode}
\usepackage{xkeyval}	%required by fontspec
\usepackage{calc}		%required by fontspec
\usepackage{xltxtra}	%fixes for XeTeX/fontspec
\fontspec[Italic={SeriaPro-Italic}]{SeriaPro}		%xetex seems to require
{\it } rather than \textit{}
\setromanfont[ItalicFont=SeriaPro-Italic]{SeriaPro}
\usepackage{pstricks}

\font\rm="SeriaPro" at 14pt\rm
\font\it="SeriaPro-Italic" at 14pt\rm
\font\textit="SeriaPro-Italic" at 14pt\rm
\setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{SeriaPro}
\begin{document}