[XeTeX] Problem in Windows XP

Juan Acevedo juancito at gmx.net
Wed Oct 3 15:46:42 CEST 2007

Hello

I have installed XeTeX with Akira Kakuto's w32TeX and I am running xelatex
from the terminal (command prompt) on a minimal file that compiles fine in
Linux. Everything seems to go well, and the log file even finishes saying
"Output written on xetest.pdf (1 page)"
Now, this pdf is nowhere to be found in my computer.
And in the command prompt I do get the following very strange error message,
pasted directly from the command prompt:

"Output written on xetest.pd'cmd' is not recognized as an internal or
external command,
operable program or batch file.
f (1 page).
Transcript written on xetest.log."

Please note how it seems to interrupt itself at "xetest.pd" and then, after
complaining about 'cmd',  continue with "f (1 page)."

Any help in solving this would be much appreciated.

With thanks in advance

Juan