[XeTeX] a problem using XeTeX with a TrueType font

Mostafa Vahedi vahedi58 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 28 10:18:54 CET 2007

I would like to know whether somebody is looking at this problem!?
Mostafa

Mostafa Vahedi <vahedi58 at yahoo.com> wrote: There is a free "TrueType Open" font called IranNastaliq.ttf that you can download
from here: http://people.cs.uu.nl/vahedi/IranNastaliq.zip  (It contains the glyphs of
the Right-to-Left languages Arabic and Persian, 490KB).
I have no problem using this font with Notepad.exe in Microsoft Windows XP. But
when I use it with XeTeX I face a small problem in ligature. You can see the
output I got from XeTeX here: http://people.cs.uu.nl/vahedi/test.pdf (in PDF format
9KB) and the output from Notepad.exe here:
http://people.cs.uu.nl/vahedi/word.jpg (in JPG format 2KB). As you see the
glyphs are not connected together in the former case (and they should be
connected like the later case). Is this a bug of the font or a bug of XeTeX?

You can also see the TeX source file here: http://people.cs.uu.nl/vahedi/test.tex

I am using XeTeX version 3.141592-2.2-0.997 that comes with MiKTeX 2.7-beta-5

Best regards,
Mostafa