[XeTeX] Harmony package and XeTeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Nov 27 22:22:46 CET 2007

Am 27.11.2007 um 18:24 schrieb Anas Ghrab:

> Yes, it seems that this is the problem. Is there a way to let
> xdvipdfmx use the map of xdv2pdf ?

Xdv2pdf does not use a MAP file. It asks the operating system to
deliver the requested font. These fonts you can see in Font Book («
Livre des polices »). The font's name is given in the source
document, it has to match what Font Book tells (⌘-I).

If you'd ask the question the other way round, then there is a clear
answer: put the PostScript Type 1 fonts of the MusixTeX distribution
as a copy also into the /Library/Fonts directory. It might be cleaner
to create a folder PostScript inside /Library/Fonts.

Of course your original question has an answer: you'd need to
configure fontconfig to see the same directories with fonts as Mac OS
X sees. The configuration files are /etc/fonts/fonts.conf or
~/.fonts.conf. I think this is done by default.

> How can I understand the following results ?
>
> -----------------------------
> MacBook:~/Desktop anas$ xdvipdfmx -vv -E test.xdv
> DVI Comment:  XeTeX output 2007.11.24:1735
> test.xdv -> test.pdf
> <AGL:texglyphlist.txt>[1<musix13 at 12.75pt(TFM:musix13[/usr/local/
> texlive/2007/texmf-dist/fonts/tfm/public/musixtex/musix13.tfm])

Here is a mapping file used that maps PostScript glyph names (Adobe
Glyph Names, to be exact) to Unicode character positions.

> fontmap: musix13 -> musix13

Xdvipdfmx seems to find in the MAP file a mapping of the TeX font
name musix13 to a file name musix13. Extension unknown, most probably
``.pfb´´.

> [...]
>
> pdf_font>> Simple font "cmr10" enc_id=<builtin,-1> opened at
> font_id=<cmr10,1>.
> >](musix13[TeXMUSIX13-Regular][built-in][Type1][4 glyphs][400
> bytes])(cmr10[CMR10][built-in][Type1][2 glyphs][328 bytes])

It seems that musix13 PostScript font file is of Type 1 and that the
PostScript font has the name TeXMUSIX13-Regular. Supposedly the
family name is TeXMUSIX13. Font Book will reveal this.

> Is there a doc about the mapping system ?

Which mapping system, that of pdfTeX, dvips, or dvipdfm (xdvipdfmx),
do you mean?

--
Greetings

   Pete

“One cannot live by television, video games, top ten CDs, and dumb
movies alone”
       (Amiri Baraka 1999)