[XeTeX] Persian and Xetex

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Nov 23 13:03:41 CET 2007

Am 23.11.2007 um 09:10 schrieb John Was:

> I think the problem must be with your e-mail programme's reception of
> Unicode messages:

Yes. That's probably true. The eMail came as:

which looks correct: the 8 bit characters encoded into a 6 bit
stream, that will pass any relay. The MS Windows 8 bit encoding has
some 60 Arabic characters defined, which should be OK, or would
somebody voluntarily use something so insufficient? I'll write a bug
report for Tiger, Otared could you do the same for Leopard?

--
Greetings

   Pete

Windows, c'est un peu comme le beaujolais nouveau: à chaque nouvelle
cuvée on sait que ce sera dégueulasse, mais on en prend quand même,
par masochisme.